Ok- blogger has changed on me since the last post- so that shows how busy I have been the past 2 months!! Well, I guess I will go in the order of the pictures- so it is going to go from the most recent happenings all the way back to spring break! :) Yes- it has been a while!! So I will start with yesterday, May 9, 2011.... my LITTLE BROTHER GRADUATED FROM AUBURN UNIVERSITY- WITH HONORS!!
Below is a picture we took (of about 100) on Friday, before graduation! I think I did a wonderful job with the photography skills- if anyone wants to pay me to take pictures- let me know!! HA!
Here is him on the jumbo-tron walking across the stage!! Go Uncle Stick!!
This was after the graduation- Seth got out lucky...it was EXTREMELY HOT and the graduation was OUTSIDE on the football field...needless to say, I have tan lines to prove it! People were passing out left and right- thank goodness Paden was in the College of Business and he was in the first 1/2 that graduated. As soon as he walked across the stage- he kept on walking right out of the stadium! I felt extremely sorry for the COSAM graduates- they were the LAST college to get to walk....I'm not sure anyone even stayed long enough to watch them!
This is a picture of my dad, me, Paden and Seth- all 4 of us hold Auburn Degrees! Hopefully Janie Ann will be the next generation of AU graduates! Seth already has his masters degree- I'm working on mine and Paden will be starting in August! (Yes- I'm back in school- fully paid for by a grant! And yes- Paden was offered a GTA position and received a scholarship to help pay for his!!)
Me, Paden and mom!
MOTHERS DAY!
My mom was in town for Mothers Day this year and I could not have been happier!! I was so excited that she was here to celebrate with me! She was in California last year and was missed greatly!! This year she home to keep Janie Ann for 2 days and was able to stay through Paden's graduation (almost 2 weeks!!) Here is the ONLY picture we took (well, multiple ones of this same pose). Janie Ann was EXTREMELY sleepy, but refused to take a nap- therefore no decent picture could be made!
My brother and sister-in-laws took a lot at Mrs. Vickie's house- I will have to get some of them to upload to the blog! We had a wonderful mother's day and I loved spending it with my family! Also- Janie Ann (and her daddy) gave me the CUTEST necklace in the world and I LOVE it! It has a little moon and it says, "I love you to the moon and back" and this it has a charm with Janie Ann's name and her birthstone! Now- to the next event....
The Alabama Tornadoes!
OMG- that was a scary day for me for MANY reasons- but the main one?? That was the day that my was flying into Birmingham Airport- where some of the tornadoes were also coming through!! I was watching WSFA at 5:30 and that is exactly when the tornadoes were coming through down-town!! My mom's flight wasn't landing until 8, but my grandfather was already in Birmingham so that he would not be on the road in the bad weather! Well- he was safe, in the airport stairwell, while I was pacing the floor in Daviston, AL waiting on a call back from him! I did get a call and we packed our bags and headed to Jackson's Gap where Seth's sister lives- they have a basement!
We were lucky in the fact that we had no storm damange and my mom and grandfather made it back to Alex City safely...others were not so lucky. Lake Martin and Dadeville was hit pretty hard- but not as hard as Tuscaloosa and north Alabama. I would love to go help, but I don't think my emotions can handle seeing all the destruction. Children's Harbor on Lake Martin was hit pretty hard, too. We have friends that live/work down there and they are still not able to use the home phone and watch TV. We drove through one afternoon and took some pictures- below is one that kind of sums up everything...
A tree that was broken and stripped- with a pine-cone stuck in it! Amazing.
Now to Easter....
Moving right along to the next holiday!
What does Easter mean at the Clark household? (Besides the rising of our Lord)
The first swim of the year! After a wonderful church service and lunch- we hit the pool. It was so warm- Mr. Billy (Grandpa) had the pool heated and ready for the grand-kids to jump in! Janie Ann wasn't too sure about the water- I hope she warms up to it over the summer!
A picture with all the grand-kids and Memaw and Grandpa! It's almost impossible to get all 6 looking at the same time!
She LOVES to run! It is her new favorite thing to do- she loves being outside and running!
Last one....this was taken when my mom was down about 4 weeks ago- they were at Mamaw and Papaw Parker's house on the lake. It was too cold to get in, but she loved being outside with her swimsuit and life-jacket!

No comments:
Post a Comment