Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Picture Update- the best kind!

Let me start with how we ended our summer...
We spent our last weekend of summer visiting Gigi in Reno, NV- so that involved traveling...on a plane! 
Janie Ann did GREAT! I will fly with her again, no problem! Of course, she will have to have her own seat on the next flight (unless it's before October 30th) because she will be 2! Anyways...

Here she is "texting" before we board the plane! 

 She LOVED that she was able to get her own cup and straw (momma loved it too!)
 These pictures are a little bit out of order- while we were in Reno with Gigi, Janie Ann some how convinced Gigi that she needed ice cream- daily- "chocit" ice cream! It would make Gigi laugh because everywhere they would tell Gigi and Janie Ann all the different flavors and Janie Ann would always say "chocit lick-it", meaning chocolate ice cream cone! This was day #2- after a day of shopping we enjoyed some ice cream! 
Yes- totally out of order! We were not able to keep her plane tickets, therefore I had to take a picture of her first plane ticket! 

Lake Tahoe- it was BEAUTIFUL! Freezing cold water, but beautiful! Janie Ann enjoyed swimming while we were there- but I was not able to enjoy that with her because it was SO COLD! I mean, all the water comes from melting snow/ice, but still I wasn't expecting it to be that cold!! 


The only picture of Janie Ann and Papaw. We were lucky enough to be able to travel with MY Papaw- Janie Ann's Great-Papaw! Not too many kids/grand-kids/great grand-kids are lucky enough to be able to travel together- but we did. We made LOTS of memories that weekend and hopefully we will be able to make many more (but hopefully the lay-over time will be a little bit longer than what we had...our memories almost ended in Vegas where we almost left him because he had to potty!)

Each flight Janie Ann was able to request a snack. Her request? Cookies- Oreo's to be exact. When she was about a year old she was introduced to Oreo's by Grand-dad (my dad); since then they have quickly become her favorite. As she has gotten older, she no longer likes the cookie portion, but now only eats the cream and puts the cookie to the side. Here she is enjoying her Oreo cream... 


And here are all the cookies after she has enjoyed the cream...


Another picture that is out of order...before we left for Reno we spent 2 nights in Birmingham with Seth while he was at a drivers ed training course. At night we would walk around the Galleria and window shop. Well, the night before we were leaving Seth took Janie Ann went to Build-A-Bear to build a Smurf. Her smurf of choice? Smurfette. She enjoyed building her and cleaning her, but when it came time to name her Seth and I both asked her what she wanted to name Smurfette and her reply? Mush. Seth and I questioned her MANY times to make sure we heard her correctly, and we still went with Smurfette on the birth certificate. But, Janie Ann has held strong to her name of Mush for her doll and that is what she is now lovingly called!


And I have no idea when this picture was taken, but it makes me smile! 


What else has happened? Well, I started my last semester of graduate classes and hopefully I will be graduating in December (if I pass comps). We started back working and while I would much rather be at home all day long with no schedule- I think it is better that we are back in a routine! I just wish the routine was only 3 days a week and not 5! 


2010

2011

We also received our Auburn Football tickets for the season!! YIPEE! Only 10 days left until kickoff and everyone is talking about it! This will be an interesting season for Auburn- we had such an AMAZING season last year I hope we can continue the winning! Can you believe how much Janie Ann has changed over the year?!?! I mean- I can't believe it has only been one year and how much she changed! 
Ok- I think that is all for now. I have another card with pictures on it that I will hopefully upload to the computer soon and make another post with what all we did while in Reno!!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Where are your seats? We just got ours and we are in section 43 I think.

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers