I know it has been a while since my last blog and I do apologize, but we have been super busy! Football games, tailgating, baby showers, doctor appointments, childbirth classes and work- sometime in there I try to rest!! So let's go back to Sept. 16th- the Drake Baby shower for Seth, Janie Ann and I. Janie Ann received TONS of cute gifts and we really enjoyed spending the time with all of Seth's co-workers. They had WONDERFUL food and it was a wonderful shower! I will post pictures soon. Some of the items were monogrammed burp clothes, diapers (tons!), wipes, bibs, burp clothes, outfits, gift cards and a swaddler. I just can't wait until she gets here and is able to use them!! Thanks to everyone that helped plan and attended the shower! We greatly appreciate it!
Next- Auburn vs. West Virgina. All I'm going to say is I have NEVER- EVER been so wet in my entire life! Thank goodness we won, or I would have been one super unhappy camper! That did mark my last Auburn Football game for the season, thank goodness it was a good one! This past weekend, Sept. 26th was an Auburn home game, but some of my camp friends through a wonderful baby shower for me, so I did not mind missing another rainy game! So, yes- another baby shower for Valery Hill and I was thrown by some camp friends. It was a nice small shower but we received tons of items that, again, I can't wait to be able to use! Pictures will follow, soon! Thank you to everyone that helped and attended the shower!
I guess I will talk about the "Prepared Childbirth Class" next and end with the doctor report! WOW- is all I have to say about the class. It was definitely something I would recommend to any first time parents, but I do wish they would warn you before some things! :) Seth and I attended 3- Monday night classes from 6-8:30, each week there was a different agenda, it started with the labor and delivery video's the first week- they wanted to break you in correctly, I guess! Then the next week was talking about different types of labor and pain medicine and we were able to take a tour of the Labor and Delivery center at EAMC, which was SUPER nice. Then last night we talked about newborn appearances and post-partum stuff. Needless to say, I either want her to stay inside for forever or get all that over with as quickly as possible!! :)
Finally- the doctor visits! I visit the endo every 2 weeks, he has done another A1C on my and it came back 5.7, which I was VERY pleased with- so was he, so I am continuing to see him every 2 weeks. We started last week at the OB office on my non-stress test. They hook me up to this machine and watch the baby's heart rate and her movement- I have to lay in one position for 20-30 minutes and press a button each time she moves. They are doing these test twice a week- it would be wonderful if I could fall asleep, but since I have to press the button, that ruins my nap!! I did one last week- which came back fine and I had another one yesterday, which came back fine. It was showing that I was having sporadic contractions, which I had no idea I was having them, but he said that was normal and I will go back on Thursday for another one! While we were at the office yesterday we had another ultrasound- she is still measuring in the "normal" range, which is great- most diabetics tend to have larger babies, and I do not want that!! She is currently head down, with her face towards my spine- getting ready to make her appearance, I suppose! According to the ultrasound she currently weighs 5 lbs and 8 oz- and Sherry, the US tech, said she would estimate her weighing around 8 lbs at birth. As long as she isn't over 8lbs, I think I will survive. (I don't need to have a 20 lb baby like the lady in Indonesia!!) She also showed us on the US where it looks as though Janie Ann has hair! I'm so ready to see who she looks like, I can hardly stand it! Right now I'm 34 weeks and 2 days- Seth thinks she will arrive on Oct. 20th, Mr. Billy (Seth's dad) thinks I will last another 3 weeks. Shelly (Seth's oldest sister) thinks I will make it 4 more weeks- I personally have NO idea right now- but what do you think? Leave a comment with what you think Janie Ann's expected birthday will be!

No comments:
Post a Comment