Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Baby Weight

Pre-pregnancy

Let me rant just a minute this morning on all this baby weight that I still have... prior to becoming pregnant, I never had to work out, walk, etc. and I was still in a size 6/8 and could eat whatever I wanted without gaining weight- it was awesome! Well, that has now changed. During my pregnancy I gained right at 40 lbs and I currently have about 25 lbs to shed before getting back to my pre-prego weight. I am having some difficulty with this because I have no desire what so ever to get up and work out, nor do I want to change the way I eat. I know these 2 things would do the trick and I would be back down, hopefully, by spring break, but the desire is not there. I am going today to the doctor and then grocery shopping. I am hoping that once I get some healthy snacks and get all of the sweets out of the house, which will help a little. I also have The Biggest Loser on my Wii- I did it once and I'm sure to be eliminated next time I get it out because I haven't been doing what I was supposed to! Right before I got pregnant I started running and really enjoyed it, but it is too cold (another excuse) to go outside right now with Little Bit, plus I would need a jogging stroller (The Traveler is probably rolling his eyes right now as he reads this!) so that she could go with me!! Then another one of my main excuses- I have to go back to work soon and I want to spend as much time as possible holding my sweet baby- not working out!!! So any motivation would be nice and what works best for you? Something quick to do daily and is quick to get the weight off! THANKS!

The day before Little Bit arrived

2 comments:

JBFerguson said...

Tiff, I hear you loud and clear. Look, Ryan is 10 months old and I am just now getting motivation to get back in shape. It is so hard...I know! It is almost like you have lost some of yourself in the last 9 months and you do not know how to get it back. Trust me, you can, it is just going to take a bit. You are right, you do need to get the sweets out of the house, because if I have them there I am going to find them and eat them! Just some slowly changing ideas- try diet drinks, instead of chips try 100 calorie packets, make sure you are eating breakfast every morning, drink more water, replace your desserts with low fat desserts. Continue to eat your three meals a day, but add two healthy snacks. my snacks as a piece of fruit or a 100 calorie packet of something. Let me know if you need any more tips! Good luck girl, you can do this!

Josh and Rosalyn said...

I have not even had Jackson yet...and I either want a jogging stroller or an eleptical for the house...can't imagine leaving him at home or the gym daycare so I could work...this way we can work out together:) or he can stare at me from the bouncy seat....

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers