Well...we have had a very interesting Spring Break, to say the least!!! We started the week, Monday, with Janie Ann's 4 month shots!! She did wonderful! She weighs 16 lbs and 4 oz- 4 oz bigger than Jojo! She was 26.5 inches long and Dr. Sellers said she is perfect! (We already knew that, though!) He said that she was very mature for her age...she has wonderful eye-hand cordination and is very strong!! She is changing so much everyday, I have enjoyed having this week off with her- makes me even more excited about the summer!!! Dr. BB also said that we could start rice cereal- so we did! Tuesday night was the first time we did it and we made the mistake of putting the bottle next to her Bumbo seat, needless to say, she was NOT interested in the cereal- just the bottle! So today I made the cereal a little bit thicker and hid the bottle- she did wonderful!! We have pictures/video- see below! She is also beginning to laugh out loud now and it is the sweetest sound EVER!!! Now...I'm going to post about her sleeping habits- very hesitantly!! (I hope this doesn't jinx us!) She has been sleeping through the night since Dec. 11th (see...I've waited a long time to post this! :)) It's absoutley pitiful when we have to go to work- I have to wake her up to feed her! I know that not many parents at all have to wake up their child!! We have tried from the beginning to put her on a schedule- we didn't read any parenting books or anything, being a teacher you just know that kids on a schedule are happier! So, from the beginning we wouldn't swaddle her at all during the day, but every night around 8:30/9:00 (depending on the feeding) we would swaddle her and lay her in the pack-n-play, whether she was asleep or awake, and then she would sleep until 2:30/3:00...that lasted for about 4 weeks and then one night she just slept until 5:30- I was AMAZED! So we have continued that routine- every night after her last feeding we swaddle her up and put her down! She will talk to herself until she falls asleep! I did ask Dr. BB if it was ok if we continued to swaddle her, and he said that she has so much hand-eye cordination that the swaddling was not in any way affecting her- to continue whatever we were doing. I know that we will eventually have to stop swaddling her, not sure that they make swaddles for 1 year olds!! Now, with the time change- she has been sleeping until 7/7:30! Again, my child is amazing!!! We also think she is teething- she LOVES her fingers and is drooling like crazy! We have to keep a bib on her at all times or else she would be soaked!
Yum, yum rice cereal!
Isn't she beautiful? 
She won't smile whenever I pull the camera out, so tonight her daddy was making her smile and I FINALLY got a picture of her beautiful smile!

The rest of spring break? Well, on Monday Seth also had to go to the hospital to get a catscan done to see how large his kidney stone was and where it was located....each time we talked to the doctor or Sheena (Seth's sister- a nurse)the kidney stone kept getting bigger and bigger! It started out being 7 mm- when Sheena talked to Seth on the phone. Then Monday night Sheena came over to MeMaw's house (where we stayed for spring break, Thanks Memaw!) and it grew to a 7.2mm stone...then this morning at the doctor- yes, another dr visit, it was 7.4 mm. Hopefully it won't get any bigger!!! So right now we are just waiting. He will have to return to Dr. Bauer (No, not Jack Bauer, but that is who I thought of, too!) on Wednesday to possibly set up an appointment to have it crushed. So, please say a prayer for him and that it will crush itself, somehow!
What did we do on Tuesday?? Well, I had a doctor appointment in Auburn! Seth stayed at his mom's just incase his kidney stone started moving- we wanted him to be able to get to the ER and not have to be in Auburn!! So, Janie Ann and I went to see the doctor and then went shopping! We had a fun day- didn't buy much- but it was fun!!
Hopefully our spring break will get a little bit better- looking forward to possibly going out of town with Seth and Janie Ann for a night! Just to get away for a bit and go shopping for Easter clothes and hopefully some spring clothes for my "new" body! (That will hopefully go back to it's "old" self, soon!) Until next time....
2 comments:
Tiffany, I swaddled Sarah until she was over a year old ... well not really swaddled but wrapped in a blanket anyway. I would wrap it from the front so it gathered on her back and hold it tight so her arms wouldn't move. That seemed to be the only way to get her to settle down long enough to fall asleep. If her arms ever came out, she was wide awake. It was the weirdest thing.
I think what you are doing is great. Babies need schedules as much as the parents do. And you are right, she is a be-u-tiful baby girl.
Love to you all,
Wendy
I swaddled Charlotte until she was 6 mos! We got one of those Large Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe blankets. At that point I guess she just didnt need to be swaddled anymore because from then on we just put her in a sleep sack and she has done fine! I totally agree on the schedule, though! I didnt get Char on a schedule until 6 mos. With our next one I'm going to try to do it from the beginning! :)
Post a Comment