Monday, June 14, 2010

A new backyard!!

Seth has done such a GREAT job working on projects around our house. His latest project was our backyard! He wanted to make sure it was perfect for October 30th-Janie Ann's first party! The project began with the fence. Yes, we live in the middle of no-where and really don't need a privacy fence, but with a LOT (3 nieces and 2 nephews, plus Janie Ann-6 kids total) of kids- 4 of which are a year or less apart from each other- we decided it would be nice to have a fenced in backyard so that they can all go outside and play and won't be able to wonder off. Which will be nice once they are all walking, talking and arguing- we can just send them outside!

Well, the fence is complete- before putting the door on the fence Seth wanted to make sure we would have grass...so this is what our yard looked like on Friday morning. Seth woke up early Friday (well, early for summer...8:30) and headed towards Childersburg to pick up this:

4 pallets of sod, freshly cut.
On Friday is was 100+ degrees outside, or so it felt like it with the humidity. Seriously- you walked outside and would start sweating, but Seth was determined to get it done. He attempted to do it earlier in the day, but because of how hot it was he got a little sick...but that didn't stop him. He was back at it that afternoon around 6. Thankfully we had Harrison spending the night so he could help! :)


This is the last picture I took of the night- around 6:30. I then had to entertain Harrison because he got bored really quickly watching/helping Seth. My dad came over about this time to help Seth and he helped for about 1.5 hours and got approximately half the yard laid. At this point, my dad told Seth it would take him 2 days to complete the project...well, Seth was DETERMINED that he would have it complete by Saturday morning...

Around 9- Harrison, Janie Ann and I went to sleep and Seth was STILL working. I'm not sure what time he was complete, but on Saturday morning when I woke up- my once red dirt backyard was GREEN!! It was wonderful. Now Seth has been busy making sure that the yard stays watered and cleaning/organizing the back porch so that it will be ready for the fall!!


First project after the yard was complete? Hanging Janie Ann a swing!! She LOVES it! (You can also see all the green grass in this picture. Once I take a picture of the completed backyard- I will post it.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

When I come home we will shop for a real swing set to put in the backyard for her!! and all her cousins

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers