I went on an all-girls trip to the beach to celebrate a close friend's upcoming wedding. That was super fun and I can't wait to go to her wedding (at the beach) next weekend!! (WOW- I didn't realize it was SO close!!) I didn't take any pictures (SURPRISE!), so there would be no proof of what happened!! HA!
On our way back from the beach I received an email from a co-worker letting me know that another co-worker and very close friend's daughter (3.5 years old) was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Let me tell you, that hit so close to home for me and especially my family. This friend knows that I love her and her family dearly and anything we can do to help, we will be there for them!! Keep this family in your prayers as they adjust to a new way of living!! So, that Monday- Friday that co-worker took a week off to be with her daughter and I was in charge of any and everything special ed at AJHS...needless to say she was GREATLY MISSED, but we survived and AJHS is still standing (barely!).
Then on Friday of this past week my sweet Janie Ann had run a fever almost all day long. At one point it was 101.7- but we thought at the time it was because she was laying on me. So we gave her Tylenol and snuggled all Friday night. Then Saturday rolled around and we were ready to tailgate- she was still running a fever, but not as high, so we thought it was her teething. Bless her, we had her in the heat all day Saturday! We didn't (Janie Ann and I) go into the game Saturday night b/c she still had a small fever and so I thought it was best not to risk taking her in and her getting fussy and us have to leave early. (Thank goodness, because that would have been a hard game to leave come the 2nd half!) So, Sunday rolls around and she still isn't' feeling great, so we called Dr. BB and went in to have her checked out. Come to find out she had some virus and so I took Monday off to stay with her and Seth took Tuesday off. Needless to say, in those 2 days she was super spoiled...I wonder how she is doing at MeMaws today?? She is getting so big and over the 2 days spent at home with her we noticed a few changes in her...mostly the TEMPER TANTRUMS!! Let me tell you what- that girl can pitch a fit! If any little thing does not go her way I can almost guarantee that she will fall to the floor crying- at first, I will admit it was pretty funny to watch...then after about the 5th one in less than 3 hours it wasn't funny anymore!! Tomorrow my dad will be keeping her, MeMaw is going on a bus trip, and I have warned him about the temper tantrums and his response? "I will probably have flashbacks of some other little girl that used to throw fits." I'm not sure who he is talking about since I'm his only little girl and I'm pretty certain I never did anything like that!! :)
Ok- this is probably the longest/strangest/jumbled up blog I have ever written, so I'm sorry for the craziness!! I'm posting a few pictures from the past month or so- enjoy!!
Janie Ann and her "Aunt" Karin!
Her first taste of ice-cream...it was a yucky lemon flavor, so she didn't love it- but she still ate it! :)
Tailgating in her "skinny" jeans! LOVE it!
The face of a little girl not getting her way...I think I took her cookie away after she attempted to shove the WHOLE thing in her mouth!
At Grand-dad's house on Sunday night!
the sun was super bright- walking on campus to the alumni tent! Janie Ann and her "Uncle" Cole- who is about to be a daddy any week now!! We are SUPER excited to have Hudson join us in just a few weeks!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment