Friday, December 30, 2011

Long time, no post


Yes- it has been FOREVER since I have updated the blog! A lot has happened since then...graduation, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a trip to Reno! Currently we are in Reno- having a BLAST! I have TONS of pictures- hopefully I will be able to upload a random selection and update with the pictures...so lets see what uploads correctly! :)




 Christmas cookies with MeMaw! Every Christmas Eve we start off the morning with a community breakfast, then all of the Clark grand kids/niece's all go MeMaw's house and bake cookies for Santa Claus! They also make reindeer food!You can't tell in this picture, but all the grand kids have matching PJ's, which is something Seth and I started buying for our niece and nephew-when there was only 2 of them...now there is 6 and we still continue the tradition!
 Putting out cookies for Santa! She LOVED preparing for him to come, but did not like the idea of Santa Claus coming to her house! My favorite quote from the holiday season was, "Santa not bring me presents, Daddy buy me presents."
 Janie Ann received a microphone from Santa Claus- it was a HIT! The iPod connects to it and she can sing along to her favorite Justin Bieber song...Baby or Mistletoe, depending on her mood! Hopefully I can post a video soon.
 This picture was taken before she saw what Santa brought her- obviously morning is not our best time! Her hair is CRAZY! And this is what it looks like on most mornings!

I don't have any pictures of her and Hudson on the plane, but on Christmas day we left the house around 10:45 am headed to Alex City to pick up the Whiteard's and meet my brother and his girlfriend, Kaci, to head to the airport! We flew out of Birmingham at 4:35 to Reno, NV to spend a week with my mom! We arrived in Reno at 8:55 NV time,10:55 at home. We had a great flight- long- but great! We slept as late at the babies would let us on Monday morning and woke up ready to explore! We went to Virginia City and stopped at the lookout- it was beautiful!

 Family picture at the lookout! And, yes, normally during this time of the year this area is covered in snow and we would be wrapped up and still cold...but, it was warmer in NV than it was at home. It was kind of a bummer that there was no snow, but I don't think my nerves could have handled driving in the snow! We had a great time exploring in the beautiful weather- and because it was so pretty, we could travel without having someone experienced driving in snow to drive us around! :)
 On Tuesday we drove to Lake Tahoe- again, absolutely beautiful! So pretty and clear, of course, the water is still FREEEEZING cold!
 Gigi and Janie Ann- with the cutest beanie hat- EVER! When we arrived mom had 3 of them for her...so including the 3 we brought with us-this child had enough hats to last her for the rest of the season and hopefully at least one more winter season!

On Wednesday we went to Mt. Rose- where they are making snow so that people can ski! It is beautiful, too. Seth, Paden and Kaci all went to ski school for 90 minutes, while they were at ski school, Cole was skiing independently and Rachel and I were playing with the babies in the snow. Janie Ann watched the "Little Mule" ski school participants and so we went in to see if I could get her into the ski school, unfortunately she was still too young, but they let me rent her a pair of skis and get a ski lift ticket. I was SO PROUD I decided to do this, because it was the more precious thing I had ever seen! My mom's boyfriend, Dabo (Not his real name), has been skiing for a long time, so he came and helped us to get Janie Ann in her skis and get her set to come down the hill!
 How stinking cute?!?!
 Group picture (minus a few)
Janie Ann skiing down the hill! I was such a proud momma! There is a video posted on FaceBook. If I can figure out how to upload it here, I will! We have had a great time- this is our last night and we are all exhausted. The boys (and possibly Kaci) are going to wake up and go skiing in the morning, while I attempt to figure out how to get ALL the CRAP we packed to come out here, packed back up (along with a few extra items that were picked up at after-Christmas sales!)

No comments:

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers