Well, it has been a while, again... I thought once I graduated from my master's program at Auburn University I would have more time to blog, but I don't! On Tuesday and Thursday I attend Zumba for an hour, then I enjoy my time with Seth and Janie Ann! She has changed SO MUCH over the past 3 months- her communication skills have GREATLY increased (she has always been a talker, but now she provides a lot of details), her personality is really shining through and I just don't want to take the time to sit down and type- I'm scared I will miss something! So, tonight she is already asleep and so I decided it would be a great time for a blog update!
Let's start with the biggest news...Janie Ann is POTTY TRAINED!! YIPPY!! She only wears diapers at nap time and night time! She will occasionally have an accident, but its only because she waits until the last minute to go potty and she will be at the potty pulling down her panties and start to tee-tee. It took one weekend- we would set the tee-tee timer for every 20 minutes and at least try to potty- of course we would then do a crazy dance when she would successfully potty and cheer and clap for her, so that helped out, but by Sunday she was able to tell us when she needed to potty! I was one proud momma! We had attempted the potty training a few times before, but I don't think she was ready, this time she was ready! While I didn't think about it when I wanted her trained- going out in public with a toddler that just has to check out every public restroom- public restrooms are disgusting! It really grosses me out having to sit her on those potties, I've tried holding her over the potty, but that didn't turn out like I planned for it to! Any suggestions?? I don't let her hold onto the potty- the potty covers always slide from under her hiney when I sit her down, so it doesn't work...
Moving on... Janie Ann has really started to enjoy watching movies, but not your typical princess movies, no...her favorites right now? The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, Cat in the Hat and my favorite one...Harry and the Henderson's! We try to watch all the Disney movies that she has, but none of them keep her attention like Harry! Oh, she does like The Lion King, especially the part where Pumba and Timon poots...yes, so much for my pretty, pretty princess little girl, I have a tomboy on my hands who likes anything gross, but I wouldn't trade her for the world!! But, another thing Janie Ann has started doing is going through her clothes periodically throughout the day and changing- nightmare for me #1- because her furniture isn't bolted to the walls! She has already pulled her nightstand on top of her- I'm praying we can get the furniture mounted before something big falls on her! #2- I already hate washing clothes and when she changes 1 million times throughout the day, that increase my laundry load! Although it is extremely cute to see exactly what she has picked out to wear- usually when I notice her she says, "I so pretty momma," with a HUGE grin on her face!
Well, I guess that is all for tonight- hopefully I will update more sooner rather than later! Super Bowl tomorrow- we will have a few friends over, hopefully I can remember to take pictures and maybe have a post about that!

No comments:
Post a Comment