A lot has happened since my last post! Janie Ann learned to swim this summer without her life jacket, she went water skiing for the first time (and did a GREAT job!), and we also found out that Janie Ann is going to be a BIG SISTER!!!!
We were very shocked, nervous and excited when we found out the last week in May that we were expecting. We did not tell anyone for a little while because of the previous 2 miscarriages, we did not want to get our hopes up and then have to go through another miscarriage, even though those close to us would have found out anyways! I went to many doctor appointments, blood work and finally in June-- with my mother-in-law by me (because my mom had to go back to Reno), we heard the heartbeat of our precious new baby. Needless to say, tears were everywhere! That afternoon, Seth bought Janie Ann a BIG SISTER shirt and we told her about the baby in mommy's belly and let her call and make the announcement to her aunts, uncles and grandparents! Needless to say, she was SUPER excited! (Although I don't think she knows what is about to happen to her world!). She has been so sweet saying a prayer for mommy and the baby every night at bed time and she will rub my belly and talk to the baby-- it brings tears to my eyes EVERY.SINGLE.TIME! Due to my previous miscarriages I was put on progestrone and weekly visits to the OB and Endocrine doctor, but thankfully my OB says I'm doing VERY well and he has let me go 4 weeks between visits, TWICE! This is huge because with Janie Ann the longest I went between visits was 3 weeks- once! My bloodsugars have been awesome, praying they continue, I haven't gained too much weight and the baby's heartbeat is strong. I am currently at 20 weeks- half way there! This pregnancy has flown by, I believe partially, because did not tell for so long! I had a few weeks of morning sickness, heart-burn like no other and fatigue, but thankfully that was all during the summer while I was out of school, so I was able to manage it pretty well. Since going back to work the only issue I have had is my legs cramping, but I think that would have happened no matter what!
AND we just found out this weekend the sex of baby Clark! We went for an ultrasound on Thursday, September 5th and had the US Tech fold up the sex of the newest baby and I quickly handed off the paper/picture to my co-worker who made the cutest little box filled with pink or blue silly string and we waited until Saturday for the big reveal! Although I would like to figure out who first did the gender reveal thing and punch them, I have to admit-- it was fun finding out with the rest of the family. (Although some family was unable to make it-- you can watch the video on Facebook). We had enough bottles of silly string for Janie Ann and all of her cousins to have a bottle. All the kids lined up and we put Granddaddy Kenneth in front of them, on the count of 3 all of them sprayed him with the sting and it was BLUE! We are having a little BOY!!!! Needless to say, Seth and I were in shock! (Still are). When we had the ultrasound done, the tech was talking about the position of the baby and the tech said, "she's laying" this way... although we did not want to find out, we thought she accidentally left us a "clue". So from Thursday night to Saturday we discussed names, room color, decor, etc. and just about had everything planned....until Saturday at 2:00 when we found out that we were WRONG! :) You can look at the pictures on Facebook-- everyone had a great time and Janie Ann is warming up to the idea that she is going to have a baby brother instead of a baby sister!
I guess that is a lot of information for right now! Praying I can continue to keep this updated-- we have a lot of stuff planned over the next 2 months with tailgating and Janie Ann turning 4-- so stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment