Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Update

It seems like the only thing I do around here is update what has been going on-- no current posts. I really need to get better at this, I enjoy going back and reading my posts! You would think that would keep me blogging, but sadly it hasn't!

So..since February/March, what has happened? Well, we went to Reno for spring break and was able to be with my mom when she got married. She married Jim Dobson, but everyone calls him Dabo. He is very sweet and he loves my Janie Ann, so as long as he is good to my mom and is sweet to my baby, he is ok in my book! Yes, it was hard for me, but my mom is happy and that is all that matters. Now- if I can just get them to move to the south! Reno is too far away!!! I did not take any pictures, unfortunately, but the wedding photographer had some great shots- they are on facebook! 

While in Reno Janie Ann took a private ski lesson. She wasn't too happy at the time, but once she was not able to see mommy and daddy, she did great! Her instructor was Mike and he was so sweet and patient. She went down the bunny slope about 4 times, he taught her how to pizza (stop) and go (french fry). He said by the end of the lesson she was even able to use her weight to turn a little. He bragged about what an awesome job she did and my favorite quote from him was, "I will definitely be seeing her in the Olympics one day!" (SUPER proud mom!) After her lesson, Janie Ann and I went back to my mom's house while my mom and Seth skied the rest of the afternoon! The next day (wedding rehearsal) I went up to ski with Seth, Paden, Aunt Steph and Uncle Mark. I have skied once before this day-- and it was a horrible experience. Needless to say, I was very timid and scared! We signed up for lessons, but they did not start until 1:00 and we were there at 11:00, so Steph, Mark and I went and "taught" ourselves how to ski. I'm sure it was entertaining to all the avid skiers that watched us! We were basically skiing on flat land with a minor slope, for a good 30 minutes before we had enough courage to go on the Flying Jenny (bunny slope ski lift). We successfully made it down the bunny slope (after getting off the lift- it wasn't one you sit and ride, you stand and ride on it). So, we did the bunny slope about 4 times before Seth made it down and gave us a few pointers. After one more down the bunny slope, we took a break, got our money back for the lessons and ate some lunch! Then the true test came... Seth and Paden took us to the blue slope. My first obstacle was getting on the ski lift. I am terrified of heights and especially heights when nothing is holding you in!!! But I survived, and I was even able to get off the lift without falling, the first time! Paden was put in charge of us and leading the way, Seth was going to stay back and help if anyone fell (thank goodness!). So, we are going...it isn't too bad...until we come to a sign, "THIS IS THE END OF THE TRAIL." Needless to say, I was NOT very happy that Paden was leading the way! We had one way to go...and it was down a steep hill! I started off ok, along with everyone else, but the closer we got to the bottom the faster I was going... I look up at one point and notice Mark on his back sliding down the hill, I start to laugh and down I went! I was laughing so hard at this point that I was unable to pop my ski off and get out of the way! Seth was trying to help me, but the way I landed every time I put pressure on my foot to move, I would pop my ski back on. Needless to say, it was entertaining to me, a little frustrating to Seth! I was finally able to flip over, stand up and get my ski back on and down the hill I went! And then, stupid me thought- "hey, this isn't so bad, lets do it again! And up I went...." I should have stopped at that point, but I didn't. I was getting tired, my legs were KILLING me and I had done just enough to enjoy it, but no... We went up and then caught another ski lift and went up a little higher... still blue slopes. First problem-- I come flying off the ski lift and bust it. Thankfully,, the guy running the lift did not have to stop it, he was able to run behind me and lift me up. So, down we go...we go around some big trees because it is an easier/less slope way to get down. I'm taking my time, wedging my skies so I don't go flying down the hill...you know, being cautious. Then we get down and I do not see Paden, Steph or Mark and it's just Seth and I. At this point, I'm ok, I'm tired and cranky, but ok. Then I see the HUGE slope in front of me and Seth is telling me that it will all be ok-- just go side to side and it's easier because you have more room to ski, so you can go slower. I start out ok and the longer it takes, the more tired I become and at this point, I'm pretty sure my blood sugar is dropping-- which all three of those combined do not make me nice. :| I might have said a few things to Seth that were not sweet and loving...but at the time, I felt they were appropriate because I felt like he was trying to kill me! When we FINALLY make it to the bottom (I might have cried.. and after stopping a few times next to trees so that we were out of the other skiers way) I popped my skis off and inside I went. I was DONE! Honestly, I don't care to ever ski again. It was fun for a few minutes, but the ski boots were uncomfortable and I never felt like I was in control of what I was doing. I felt like I was going slow one minute and then out of control, flying down the hill the next! I'm pretty sure I tweaked my knee at some point because it was killing me! So, Mark and I were done (yes, they were concerned because they had been waiting for about 15 minutes for us to get down!)-- we took off our skis, boots and returned them to the car- got on our tennis shoes and chilled out in the lounge until everyone was done! So, I waited for Paden to make it down the slope so taht we could head to the rehearsal... it was taking a while and I later find out that Paden had a pretty bad fall, he even thought he broke his leg, so he was taking it easy down the hill! We were about 10 minutes late for rehearsal, but we were alive and well, so there really wasn't much that could be said!

Besides skiing we went on a nice drive through California (Donner's Pass), ate lunch at a super nice resort (can't remember the name, but it was where the Olympics were held), went on around and let Janie Ann play in some snow-- took beautiful pictures! We had a nice, relaxing day with mom before everyone got to town! I have pictures that I will post later (I don't have my SD card with me right now). We had a wonderful, long, enjoying spring break, but when we returned I felt like I needed another break from my vacation!

After we got back from Reno, April hit us in full-force! We were busy EVERY.SINGLE.WEEKEND. First, when we returned (on a Saturday), that Sunday was Easter. Then the next weekend we had my dad's birthday, then the next weekend we had something, but I can't remember! Then it was A-day and Toomer's last roll, then we headed to Nashville the next weekend for Kelly Owens wedding- it was great weekend spent with my dad, brother, Seth and Janie Ann-- even though it rained the ENTIRE TIME! We enjoyed the beautiful wedding and Janie Ann danced her heart out at the reception! Last weekend we were able to relax at home all weekend...then Saturday night... :( My grandfather was on his way to bed after not feeling well all day and he became dizzy and called for my dad. When dad got to him, he had slid down the wall and did not take a hard fall. Daddy called Seth to come over and help him to get him back up. When Seth got there to help him up, Papaw told them that he was too weak and felt he needed to go to the hospital. Seth called me over to the house to talk to Papaw for a little while-- I was a complete mess, but Janie Ann, Ty and I loaded in the car and drove over. He was laying in the hallway, extremely weak, sweating and could barely hold his eyes open. I, of course, cried and told him how much I loved him. He, very weak, told me that he loved me and that he would be fine. Needless to say, I cried myself to sleep worried about him. Janie Ann slept with us that night, because life is too precious and I needed her next to me that night. He has been in the hospital since Saturday night-- we are hoping he can return home today, but not positive. The goal is to make sure he is comfortable, eating and drinking to keep him from being dehydrated. I'm scared that my Papaw will not be with us much longer and so I want to enjoy every minute I can with him-- and I want him to be comfortable and not in pain. I could be TOTALLY wrong, and I hope I am, and he could be with us for many more years. So, please keep him in your prayers-- along with his family as we prepare for what is to come.

That is all for today's post. I will add more later- as we have dance pictures this afternoon (for the 2nd time!) and the school year is coming to an end! YIPEE!!

No comments:

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers