Wow, it has been a while. Am I slacking or am I just enjoying life? I would say that I am enjoying every little bit of life that is happening right now and just haven't stopped long enough to blog! Let's see.... in the past month we have welcomed a new puppy into our family, Tyrone- the toy poodle, went to the circus, celebrated 14 days of Love, attended the church Valentine's Banquet, enjoyed busy weekends and preparing for a trip to Reno for spring break!
So, first- Tyrone. After Cadillac passed away Janie Ann asked us for a puppy that would live inside with her and sleep with her. A little background info- Caddy lived inside with us UNTIL Janie Ann was born and started crawling. I couldn't stand to see the white hair from Caddy on the floor, knowing that she would be crawling all over it. So, Seth and I began the search for a hypo-allergic, non-shedding dog. We started looking for a poodle-mix, something that would stay little and not get over 15 lbs and would not shed. Let me tell you what- there are some cute puppies out there. If you ever have time you just need to search Poodle Mixes, cavapoo, maltipoo, shihpoo...all cute fur balls! All SUPER expensive. The cheapest one we found was around $350, it was a cavapoo and they had to get rid of it because of a family problem. Seth then started searching for just a poodle and found some in the Montgomery newspaper. The guy had 6 male toy poodles, CKC registered in Deatsville, AL. So, we went to look at them, they were a red color and when we contacted him he had 5 left. He sent us pictures and I had my heart set on one of them. We texted him back and asked him to hold him for us, we were on our way after picking up our daughter and some friends (The Whiteards went with us!). I also contacted some friends that lived close to Deatsville to find out more information on the place we were going- is it safe, do you know the guy, etc. Turns out they didn't know him, but it was a safe location. We walked into his little shed and he had 2 puppies left, one of which is the one I wanted. He was a dark red color and cute as could be. He came running to us when we walked in and Janie Ann instantly fell in love. We were the proud new owners of a 2.3 lb poodle- to which was named
Tyrone Jackson Clark.

Janie Ann was in love! And I'm not sure that Tyrone knew what was going to happen to him! He was going to get so much love from such a little girl!! I can't wait (well, I can) to watch them grown up and become best of friends!!

Yes, super spoiled already!
The weekend after we got Ty we found out the circus was in Birmingham and thankfully they still had tickets for sale the day before!! So, we called the Whiteard family to see if they wanted to go with us and of course, they did! So Sunday afternoon we loaded up in their Expedition and headed to see the greatest show ever!



Neither Hudson nor Janie Ann took a nap on the way to Birmingham, which is what we had hoped to happen, so about half-way through the circus they started getting a little anxious, but the tiger and elephant events captured their attention, but after the elephants they were ready to go and it was almost over- so we headed out early to miss the traffic! Janie Ann also enjoyed the poodles and if you ask her about the poodle show, she will talk about the "tiny poodle that looked like Tyrone, he danced to Go shorty, go shorty- it's your birthday"- HILARIOUS!
The next thing on the list is the 14 days of love- we started this a little late, on Feb. 3rd, but every morning I would put out a treat in a box on the counter- something that Janie Ann loved- candy, snacks, games, etc.- she received a small treat every morning until Valentine's Day. I loved getting up with her on those mornings and she was so excited to see what she would get in her box. Seth and I made sure that she knew it was from us and not a special Valentine's cupid and that we did it because we love her so much. It was so sweet because each night she would come home, get her box and fill it with toys from her playroom so that she could give mommy and daddy prizes because she loves us so much!
Well, that is pretty much up to date for now! Today we have a birthday party to attend and another one tomorrow- then the twins have a party next weekend, then March comes along and my nephew will be turning 7- yes 7! Then we will be going to Disney on Ice and flying out to see my mom for spring break!! We have been super busy, but hopefully I will update more often, but no promises!

No comments:
Post a Comment