Saturday, November 21, 2009

3 Weeks Old!

Yep, that's right! Little Bit is now 3 weeks old! It's hard to believe that she has been in our lives for 3 weeks now!! She is a wonderful baby and we have had wonderful family and friends around to help us out, too!! The Traveler had to return to work this past Wednesday, so my mom came and stayed with me Wed, Thurs and Friday and she will return Sunday night to stay with me on Monday and Tuesday of next week, then The Traveler will be off again for Thanksgiving break. (back to Thanksgiving shortly...) Little Bit continues to amaze us with the stuff that she is doing! First, she has been holding her head up for short periods of time since the day she was born, but now the time periods are getting longer and longer! Her belly button cord fell off this week, so we were able to bathe her in the big tub, and she LOVED it! Then the newest thing she did was sleep from 10 pm until 4 am- talk about scared to death when I woke up and realized she hadn't eaten, I couldn't get to her fast enough!! But, she was fine- she slept again the next night from 10 until 3! I could spend all day holding her and do nothing else...and with my mom here during the week, that is what she spends most of her day doing, being held! Now...onto Thanksgiving...

I can't believe it is already time for Thanksgiving! It seems like yesterday it was the beginning of the summer, now we are about to end the 2009 year! Each year we go to Tater Hill with my dad and his family and then we go to The Traveler's parents house for Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving is a very special for us, first because we get to spend it with family and second- it was the day that The Traveler proposed to me. At his parents house we have a tradition that we do each year, before we eat we all stand in a circle and tell something that we are thankful for- this is when The Traveler proposed! Each year I have no idea what I am going to say, but it is a guarantee that I will be crying by time it gets to me or I will begin crying while I'm saying what I am thankful for....I can't even imagine what I am going to say this year because I have SO much to be thankful for, here is my list of things that I am thankful for- and I'm putting it on here just incase I forget something Thursday night!

1. Jesus Christ, because without him I would have nothing else to be thankful for!
2. My wonderful new family- Little Bit is the biggest blessing I have ever received and The Traveler is a pretty awesome dad, considering the fact that I did not even change a diaper until day 4 of Little Bit's life!!
3. Family- my parents, my in-law's, my brother and his girlfriend, my sister-in-laws and their families, and this year I am esp. thankful for my Pa-Paw Stephens, Little Bit's great-grandfather. It has been wonderful to watch him be able to hold Little Bit.
4. Friends- this list would also include many family members, but it also includes TONS of other people in my life that will be here at the drop of a hat if I need them and I know that Little Bit will have TONS of wonderful baby-sitters, if I ever decide to leave her with anyone! :)

So, if I forget to be thankful for something on Thursday night, please know that it isn't on purpose but it is because I have SO much to be thankful for!!

No comments:

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers