Monday, November 8, 2010

Such a quick trip...

One week ago today we (Janie Ann, Aunt Steph, my papaw Goss and mom) loaded up in the Honda van and headed to ATL to take my mom to stay in a hotel so that she could catch her early flight and no one would be responsible for waking up at 3 or 4 am and getting her over there in time. While I would have loved for her to stay with us ONE more night, it just wasn't do-able. So, at 5:30 we were pulling out of the mall parking lot in Auburn headed to ATL. We made pretty good time getting over there and we were able to eat a nice little dinner before looking for the hotel. My aunt DOES NOT have a GPS (yes, this blows my mind!) so we had a hotel for my mom, we had an address, but that was it! Thank goodness before my mom left for CA she upgraded her phone to a smartphone that has a googlemaps application on it! We found the hotel (after being lost for a little while) and we got her unloaded and checked in before we headed back to Auburn/Daviston. This was EXTREMELY hard for me to do- saying Goodbye again, not knowing when she would be back home! Of course, I had my camera and I took a few pictures of Gigi and Janie Ann.

This picture is awful- but Janie Ann is NOT wanting her Gigi to leave!

Aunt Steph, Janie Ann, and Gigi
I sure do miss my mom, but it meant a whole lot for her to be home for Janie Ann's 1st birthday. I can't wait until she returns home for Christmas (and then when she returns a LITTLE closer to home- at least to the East Coast to work somewhere!)!! We love you Gigi- hurry back!!

No comments:

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers