After the Iron Bowl on Friday we loaded up the car with everything we needed for the night and headed to Auburn so go roll Toomer's Corner! It has to be the most awesome tradition EVER!We arrived about 1.5 hours after the game was over, due to our drive, there were still tons of people everywhere and TP was still flying threw the air. Because we were later getting there, we were able to get under the tree and was able to get some awesome pictures!!

The huge tiger paw at the intersection of Toomers Corner!

Karin and I under the tree! (it was FREEZING!)

Family picture
After we took pictures and celebrated under the tree we walked down to 5 Guys and enjoyed a wonderful hamburger! Then we walked to Tiger Rags to get a shirt- OMG- the line was STILL out the door. Definitely not worth waiting on in the freezing cold...so we went to Target! Done a little shopping and then went back to Tiger Rags (This would be the 3rd time attempting)- still no luck...Karin had read on her phone that Big Blue had shirts, so while we were already in Auburn and it was already late we headed that way! As we were turning into the parking lot we saw police lights- I convinced Seth to turn around and follow the team buses! We got stopped at a few red lights and had we been thinking ahead- we would have detoured straight to the athletic complex....but we didn't- we followed them through Toomers... We got to the complex and cars were EVERYWHERE! Seth stopped in the parking lot- I grabbed Janie Ann and Karin jumped out and we took off running...not jogging, but a full sprint- RUN! Karin kept saying, "Please don't trip- Please don't drop Janie Ann" and Janie Ann was just hanging on!! It was definitely a night full of memories! When we got up there people were cheering and the football team was just walking to their cars. I had my camera and anyone that walked by in AU gear and looked like they might have been on the sidelines- I asked for a picture! So, after taking a picture with Ralph Spry (at least, I think that is who it is..) I noticed Cam standing on the hill and took off running towards him like a star-struck teenager (holding a baby, of course!). I asked him for a picture and he flashed his toothy grin at me and said, "I'm sorry, I can't." At that point the State Troopers that were escorting him said, "We've got to get him out of here" and quickly took him to a truck and they had to drive him away. I wasn't thinking at the time- I could have had a wonderful picture of him- and had I given Karin the camera Janie Ann (I) could have had her (my) picture with Cam! But I wasn't thinking and so I got a nice shot of him leaving! I also saw some of my football players that I worked with at the athletic complex and had a picture with them- hard to believe that they will be graduating in December/May!Ralph Spry- maybe?

Cam walking (with an escort or 2) to his car!
Q. Carr- he will be graduating in December! I worked with him as a freshman with organizational skills!
Bart Eddins- honking the horn and screaming at random people..
didn't surprise me at all to see that it was him!

*Also- if you notice Janie Ann was never looking at the camera- she was starring at the random HUGE guys that we were taking the picture with!!



No comments:
Post a Comment