I have not given any time to the blog lately...a lot has happened in the last few weeks, hopefully I can get it all covered!
Last week was our spring break and my mom came home to visit with us! My mom arrived on Wednesday of the previous week and stayed through the Wednesday of our spring break. We had a wonderful time and we were able to enjoy some time at the beach! Janie, mom and I left on Friday after school and headed straight to PCB! Janie Ann LOVED the beach and the swimming pool! The pool was a little cool for me, ok a LOT, especially in the morning time, but by mid-afternoon it warmed up enough for us to enjoy it. The ocean was also cold, but not bad enough that we couldn't enjoy a walk down the beach! I didn't take many pictures while at the beach, but we will be going back soon!
Also during spring break Janie Ann went to her first dentist appointment with Dr. Keri Miller! She did AWESOME! It is a pediatric dentistry and they take the kids back without the parents- I was worried that Janie would cry, but who am I kidding, my child will go with anyone!! She went right on back without even turning back to look at us! It took about 20 minutes and they brought her back out, with a bag of goodies and a new shirt! She was then able to take us on a tour of where they cleaned her teeth and she showed us the chair she sat in, the glasses she wore and what they did! She was a champ! Let's just hope she will still love the dentist on May 10th when we have to return to get a cavity filled... yep, my baby has a cavity! We thought we were doing good in the teeth department because we never let her sleep with a sippy cup and always tried to keep her teeth clean! But, it happened and now we just have to get it fixed!
Another fun activity that we have started taking Janie Ann to is Frog Legs in Auburn. It is a huge building with inflatables. Janie Ann LOVES it! (And that might be an understatement!) Now, she request that we go to Frog Legs every weekend, and thanks to a wonderful friend and avid doll collector- she has been requesting some Lala Loopsy dolls. (Yes, that was totally random and related to this paragraph is no way!!)!
I know a lot more has happened, but my mind is extremely foggy right now and so I'm going to post this, so you will have something to read and now that I'm alive! :) On another note- before I go- I have entered Janie Ann into the PARENT'S Magazine Cover contest- please go vote for her! She is currently in the weekly contest- voting ends April 22!
http://photos.parents.com/parents-cover-contest-2012/16/2012/

No comments:
Post a Comment