Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer is here!

YIPEE!!! Can you hear me screaming?? I have been out of school for over a week now- while the beginning of my break started off pretty rough and emotional (something to be discussed at a later time, not ready to talk about it yet.)-- it has quickly turned into a wonderful time! :) Why? Well, because there is no more alarms to wake me up, no more tests to give, no more students complaining about why math sucks, no more rushing to finish IEP's before a deadline....it is pure bliss. Waking up only when I hear Janie Ann scream, "MOMMMAA!" and returning to the bed so that she can watch a little bit of the iPad every morning, enjoying swimming at Memaw's (for 5 days straight), taking a day break to lounge around the house, only to wake up the next day to join some friends at Frog Legs and swim with them in the neighborhood pool (and for me to make a GRAND entrance into the pool!). It is nice, very nice. Seth's garden is producing like crazy- currently we have 70 quarts of green beans that he has canned- that is not including the ones he is currently canning, gave away or we have eaten! We have squash overflowing in the freezer and we are starting to have tomatoes produce (even though I don't like them), our blueberry plant is ripe and ready to be picked- we have turned into those people that I said I would never be! :) And I'm LOVING it! 

I'm thinking about purchasing one of those rugs that you see on cruise ships that will tell you what day it is (of course, we would have to switch them out)- but during the summer with no routine- I have no idea what today is! Granted- on Monday Seth will begin teaching drivers education for 4 weeks, so we will have to get into some form of routine...

I hope to keep the blog more up-to date now that I have nothing else to do (but have fun), but I'm not making any promises! I also have to figure out how to link my phone/instagram pictures to my blog so that I can upload pictures. (I also need to pull out my nice camera and actually use it!). 

HAPPY SUMMER everyone! 

No comments:

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers