Monday, July 12, 2010

Lots to update!!


Let's start with today!
Janie Ann had her first swimming lesson today and did fairly well.... she got upset when she was supposed to float on her back!! I tried singing to her, talking to her, laying her super close to me- NOTHING worked. She screamed and her 2 little feet shot straight into the air trying to pull herself up!! It was pitiful, but we will continue working on that skill
because she has to be able to do it!! Today we worked on blowing bubbles/blowing the egg...she didn't do either of these, but gave me some funny faces while I was doing them. Hopefully we
will practice this and she will get it by the time we are done! We worked on kicking and using
our arms. Janie Ann is a pro at kicking and she would REALLY kick after going underwater. Yep- that is right! She went under 2 or 3 times and that did not bother her at all! I think she would rather be under water than floating on her back!! I was going to get Seth to video tape her first lesson, but Seth had to work in Auburn with his grant at the University and so he was late getting there and we were already in the pool/starting class and I didn't think about it until after the fact...so now that he knows that I want it taped- hopefully we will get the 2nd lesson taped!!

Saturday was my birthday- I turned the big 2-6. Seth, Janie Ann and I went to Auburn and ate at Provino's then came home- nice relaxing day.

Then, last weekend (July 4th) we, as a WHOLE family, from Seth's Grand-daddy Kenneth to the youngest, Janie Ann all stayed at Children's Harbor in a lodge. We stayed from Friday until Monday and we were able to watch the fireworks from the lodge and didn't have to leave!! It was SUPER nice and crazy at times!! Hoping we can get it again next year! We spent a lot of time swimming, eating, sleeping and did I say eating?! Saturday morning Seth's Granny woke up and made home-made biscuits and OMG they were delicious, so good that 24 people ate 50 biscuits!!! Yes- that is right, 24 people (9 of which were under 12 years old and 4 under 2 years old!!)!! Below are just a FEW pictures from that weekend.

Janie Ann's first 4th of July
All 24 people: Left to Right: Harper, Grandpa, MeMaw, Andy, Keely, Karsen, Scott, Harrison, Sheena, Korbin, Granny, Granddaddy, Reese, Maggie, Robert, Lisa, Georgia, David, Gamble, Shelly, Clark, Seth, Janie Ann and myself
The beautiful Lighthouse on the Children's Harbor campus
Needless to say, we have been busy! Wednesday night starts Vacation Bible School- but hopefully I will update the blog with more pictures sooner than later. I will also be putting up some karaoke video's from the "Family Weekend"!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I want a copy of the pic with you Seth and Janie Ann.

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers