I don't think Seth and I could have chosen a better time to begin building, everyone we have talked to is just waiting for work! We contacted Keith Moon for the footing of the house last Thursday, he met us at HBHS on Sunday, we showed him the lot and on Monday morning he contacted the County to make sure he could lay out the house without a building permit- they gave him the OK, and the house is officially laid out!! He began digging the footing today, I haven't seen that yet, but I will be going to get the building permit tomorrow and riding out there to check everything out! We also CLOSED on the loan today, which means we can OFFICIALLY start building and paying people!! Seth also talked to Ken Williams, the framer, and he is going to be ready to go once Keith is done, so maybe in 2 weeks (or less) I can have pictures of the framing!!! I still can't believe we are actually building!!!
(The talking in the video is NOT important! Also, Seth and I picked up this video camera at Best Buy this past Sunday night, it was teacher appreciation. Hopefully I will have more video's to post soon!)
On the funny side, I didn't realize you had to have a port-a-potty at a construction site, but you do! I called on Friday to find out about Port-A-Potty's (it's not every day you call about those!), and they delivered the potty on Monday morning- when we were out at the lot last night looking around, I snapped a picture of it for your enjoyment! So, if you are ever in Daviston and need to use the restroom, stop on by!!

No comments:
Post a Comment