Saturday, December 27, 2008

Here we go again!

Ok- day number 2 of trying to get to LA!! Things start off great, kind of... we get up around 6:50 and begin showering- a HUGE thank you first of all to Josh and Rosalyn Parker, and Rosalyn's parents for allowing us to stay the night and for offering some sleep clothes so that we would not have to unpack our huge luggage! So, again, we get up and start getting ready- leave their place around 8:00- headed to get breakfast and to the airport. Paden, for some unknown reason, really wanted McDonald's hot cakes- so we stop, thankfully. As we go to eat, I go to check my bloodsugar and realize that I had left my monitor at Rosalyn's mothers house, so Paden and Seth continue eating as I run back to the house and pick it up. Had we not stopped for breakfast, there is no telling when I would have realized that I left it!! Anyways- after that, off to the airport we go...we check luggage and successfully go through the checkpoint and begin waiting for our flight. About 20 minutes before we are to begin loading the airport attendant announces that our flight is running about 40 minutes late, meaning DELAY! So we are currently sitting in the B'ham airport, again, waiting. Seth just went for a walk around the concourse and ran into some Alabama football players (John Parker and 2 others)...I guess you could say that was our first "celebrity" sighting... not very exciting! Hopefully we will be in LA for our next posting!! :) 

No comments:

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers