Saturday, December 13, 2008

Sweetwater Road

I receive a call yesterday around 2:00, I didn't recognize the number so I ignored it until after school let out. When I listened to the message I realized it was the Sheetrock Delivery Guys... they had gotten stuck on Sweetwater Road. This is the 2nd person that had been on Sweetwater Road, the first one was lost... these guys weren't as lucky to only be lost. They were in a HUGE truck, according to my dad and father-in-law, and they had gone down this little dirt road that had 2 wooden bridges- they were lucky to make it over the bridges! Anyways, once I got the message, I called the guys to see if there was anything that I could do- at this point they had been stuck for about 1.5 hours. They had called for a tow truck, so I told them that I would call my father to go check on them and see if there was anything that he could do to help. Well, my dad and Seth's dad go down there and check on them...well, needless to say, the tow truck they sent was too small to even budge the truck, so the delivery guys get in the truck with my dad, (I can only imagine at this point how scared the guys must have been, my dad is not a scary person, but being out in the middle of no where and getting in a truck with some random guy can't be too comforting), so daddy takes them back to his house to wait on a larger tow truck...and waited....and waited.... the larger tow truck didn't show up until around 9:15 that night. Around 10:30 I called daddy to check, and the guys had just gotten off of Sweetwater Road and were headed back to Birmingham! Needless to say, they took the sheetrock back with them and we will get a new delivery on Monday morning!

My father-in-law saw the directions that they had and noticed that Sweetwater Road was scratched out, but I guess they were just going to chance it...boy was that a mistake!! So, if you ever mapquest our house and it tells you to take Sweetwater Road- call me and get better directions (unless you have a 4x4 truck!)!!

No comments:

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers