Wednesday, May 27, 2009

SUMMER TIME!!!

Well today was the first day that Seth nor I had to work! It was so nice not to have to wake up to an alarm clock at 5:50, but sleep until 9:00!!! I know I haven't posted anything in a while, but hopefully I will keep it updated over the summer with all of our activities, including ALL the weddings that we will be attending and of course, updates on Janie Ann.

I guess the lastest adventures we have gotten into were on Memorial Day. We cooked out at the house and had family over for the afternoon. If you aren't currently living in the south, then you probably don't know that it has rained NON-STOP for some time now, thankfully our house is big enough to hold everyone inside, and we can send the kids upstairs to play so they weren't bored out of their mind!! Anyways- Seth and his dad both had their polaris' and after everyone had eaten, Mr. Billy, David, Andy and Seth went for a ride... David and Mr. Billy were on his polaris, which has a roof and windshield and Seth and Andy were on Seth's which is open (very nice for warm summer days!). Anyways...they took off, it was nice and sunny- it had been raining all morning and looked as though it was done for the day....WRONG! After they had been gone for about 10 minutes it started raining, and when I say raining...the bottom dropped out and it pouring down rain!!! Well, another 10 minutes passed and it was still raining and there was no sign of them anywhere, so I was thinking they were at the bottoms and pulled over and got into the old-house, where we store hay, and were staying there until it stopped raining. So, my dad went down looking for them...another 5 minutes pass and here they come- SOAKED, well, Seth and Andy were soaked and David and Mr. Billy were laughing!! They had passed the bottoms and were on their way to Griffin Shoals when the rain started and Seth thought they could make it back before it got worse...boy way he wrong! But all in all, everyone had a great time and I think next time Andy will probably not ride with Seth if there is a chance of rain!!

Check back for pictures from Rosalyn's farewell party on Saturday... :( She is moving back to B'ham to be closer to family (which I completely understand), but I don't want her (or Josh) to leave, nor does the AJHS Special Ed. staff!! She will be missed, but I know she will be back for visits esp. once Janie arrives!

No comments:

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers