Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Traditions

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate with whip cream! (missing the Starbucks in Haley Center!)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always wrapped my presents, but he didn't wrap The Traveler's- so I'm not sure what Santa will do for Little Bit, but I can't wait to find out on Christmas morning!!

3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? White. Pre-lit Christmas trees are WONDERFUL!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No- we don't have any!

5. When do you put your Christmas decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving! You can't decorate for Christmas before you celebrate Thanksgiving!!

6. Favorite holiday dish? I love the traditional food, but since we eat so much of it at Thanksgiving I really enjoy my steak on Christmas Eve!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Being so excited to see what Santa had brought me that my brother and I would stay in the same room (without fighting!) and wake up super early every year!

8. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We celebrate with The Traveler's family on Christmas Eve- and so yes, we open presents!

9. How do you decorate a tree? With black and silver ball ornaments, penguin ornaments and black and white snowflakes with ribbons tied on the ends of the branches (the ribbons haven't made it up this year!) Then we have another tree that all of the other ornaments go on- Gift of Hope, travel ornaments, etc.

10. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love snow, probably because I very rarely see it. I hope to go out west in the future with Little Bit so she can experience REAL snow!! Even when it does snow here, it's gross!!

11. Can you ice skate? I haven't gone in many years- last time I went I could make it around without falling!

12. Do you remember your favorite gift? There isn't one particular one that sticks out to me, I loved them all!

13. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Remembering the true reason for the season, Christ's birth.

14. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Fudge and Divinty!!

15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve breakfast and then baking cookies for Santa with MeMaw. I'm excited to begin more traditions with Little Bit, though!
.
16. What tops your tree? A bow, but I need a new one!!

17. Which do you prefer-Giving or Receiving? I truly enjoy giving gifts, I am super blessed to be able to go to the store and get whatever I want/need whenever, but most families are unable to do that, so I LOVE buying for others so they can have a wonderful Christmas, too.

18. Favorite Christmas song? Mary, Did You Know and then all of the classics, esp Rudolph!

19. Candy Canes-Yuck or Yum? It depends on how I'm feeling!!

20. Favorite Christmas show? The Christmas Story and then of course- Griswold's Christmas Vacation!

This makes me even more excited about the next week and all of the celebrations we are preparing to attend!! I'm so glad that we get to see the joy of Christmas now through the eyes of our child- Christmas is going to be so much more fun now!!

No comments:

Little Bit's Birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers