Seth and I had a lot of fun this weekend in Nashville and got to do a lot of things- including run in a marathon! Ok, so we really didn’t register to run it in, but we did have run for a short (VERY short) period of time with all of the other marathon runners!! We were headed downtown to eat breakfast at the Pancake Pantry and all of the roads were closed that the GPS was telling us to turn on, so we decided we would just park and walk- it wouldn’t hurt us! So, first we find a parking deck that was free. On the way to the main street we had to walk it was straight down-hill- leaving was fine, but getting back was a different story! Anyways- off we go, walking along the main street Belmonte, I believe, and we come to the corner of Belmonte and 21st- where we had to cross….along with all 25000 marathon runners! So I ask one of the race crew guys how to get across- he just giggled and said, run at an angle with the runners and work your way over- then do the same thing once you reach the middle (the roads were turned into 2 lanes of runners- those that had just started and those that were coming back. (if that makes sense!) So… here we go… (Now, originally back in April/May of last year Karin, Marie, Lauren and myself were training to run in this marathon..All I got out of the training was some new tennis shoes and running shorts, needless to say NONE of us made it to the real thing, although Marie did run in a 5K!) Well, both of us made it to the center of the road together and then we just waited until we had another opening to sprint across- I saw one and went (I even had an older gentleman cheering for me as I crossed!), but when I turned back Seth was still waiting….I wasn’t sure why, but then he took off and made it across! Needless to say with that much adrenaline running through me (worried I was going to get knocked down and begin a pile up of marathoners) I was EXHAUSTED, but I knew waiting on me at the end of my walk was going to be a nice big plate of pancakes…so I managed to make it!! Boy am I glad we did- that was the BEST breakfast ever, I highly recommend going to the Pancake Pantry if you are ever in Nashville, it is worth your time!
Other news- we did a little shopping at the Opry Mills Outlet shops- didn’t purchase much, actually we only purchased me a watch from the Fossil outlet (Seth said he wasn’t surprised that I got something, I always get something!). Then we headed towards Vanderbilt to try to find the football stadium for the concert while we were downtown we ate lunch at Famous Five Guys Burgers and Fries- VERY GOOD! Auburn is getting one soon- I highly recommend it for a quick, good hamburger! Then we went back to the hotel to take a nap before the concert! Around 4 we headed back downtown to try to park- there were hardly any signs up and there was definitely no parking anywhere but one parking deck, close to the stadium, so that is where we parked and headed into the stadium. Robert Earl King (I think) opened up first, he was just ok, I was not impressed. Then Jason Mraz- when we saw Dave in ATL, Jason opened up for him and I liked his ATL performance better than this one, but he was still better than Robert Earl. Then about 45 minutes later Dave Matthews took the stage, and I’m not sure how many people know that morning sickness takes over my body around 6:30 PM EVERY NIGHT (It is getting better), but I was going to try to make it- heck I made it to 8:30, surely I can survive, well I thought I could until all the true hardcore, Dave Fans (we are true Dave fans, but just not hardcore!), began their favorite past-time activity and it made the stadium smell HORRIBLE. We made it through the first 4 songs and we have to leave. I felt TERRIBLE, and I still do feel awful about having to leave, but there was no way that I could sit comfortably through the whole concert. L Overall, it was a wonderful concert though and I’m glad we got to go, even if it was only for a little while!
Then Sunday we packed up and did a little downtown Nashville tour- got to see the Tennessee Titans stadium (they were beginning this when my family moved), Earnest Tubbs Records, my dad’s old work place, which is now something with CMT and the famous Batman building! After that we headed on home, both of us were exhausted and ready to get home! I didn’t take any pictures this weekend (cameras weren’t allowed in the concert and I was too afraid to even try to sneak mine in!), but Karin did take some pictures inside the concert- so hopefully I can get one of us from there and post it.
*Sorry mom, no belly pictures yet- I promise they will come soon enough!

No comments:
Post a Comment